cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity API inserts

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a disc group with 2 copies. 1st is a Mass Storage, 2nd is a backup, and are using the Unity API to insert documents via a webservice. When a volume limit is reached, and volume promotion should start the below error is occurring. It appears that upon insert the API is looking for both platter locations. I would assume since the 2nd copy is a backup, the API would not try to look for the onbase.id file since the backup location isn't created until the volume is manully backed up.

Has anyone ran into this issue before? Any thoughts?

Error:  An error occurred within the Unity API: Failed to verify id file for platter (2) 191:4506:1 at: <UNC Path \onbase.id>

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I suppose the real issue is when the API trys to promote the volume. If I manully promote the volume inserts will work fine. It is only when the volume limit is reached does the UNITY API error. Could this be the way the webservice is integrated with the API?

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Ok, so after troublehsooting past couple of days this is what I have so far.

We have 4 instances of a webservice that integrates with the Unity API. each webservice is hosted on a seperate server with the Onbase App Server. Archiving requests are load balanced to be sent across all 4 webservices/API. It appears what is happening is when the volume is promoted by one of the webservices/API the Archive requests from the other webservices fail with this error, but only fail for the archive requests that are queued up. Once the volume is promoted any new Archiving requests work fine. 

Has anyone ran into this issue before? 

"Error occurred in Unity API. Failed to verify id file at location <UNC Path>" 

Paul_Mefford
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

This was due to a caching issue associated with running the API on windows 2008 r2 server. Fix was to add below registry entries on the server hosting the webservice\appserver. Can reference KB Article# 2276

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

FileInfoCacheLifetime

FileNotFoundCacheLifetime

DirectoryCacheLifetime