cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Hooks in 15 -- VBS?

Josh_Belmonte
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We utilize script hooks for a few things and since upgrading to 15 the big push has been to get off of all the VBS. I did notice that you cannot use a Unity script for a script hook -- should the thick client/non DMCoreX VBS script hooks still function?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I think you can add Unity script hooks that will function in the Unity client. But classic mode thick client (non-dmcorex) script hooks (like for indexing, etc.) will still function in onbase 15. We've been told that will likely never change, so that at least means it shouldn't change soon.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I think you can add Unity script hooks that will function in the Unity client. But classic mode thick client (non-dmcorex) script hooks (like for indexing, etc.) will still function in onbase 15. We've been told that will likely never change, so that at least means it shouldn't change soon.

That's pretty accurate. I just want to add the only caveat is with DMCoreX. Since that was deprecated in 15, VB-based script hooks built on that foundation will no longer function and could actually provide errors when attempting to run.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.