Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Formats on Citrix XenApp 7.15 LTSR

James_Tabor
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello All!

We are currently on OnBase 17 and upgrading our Citrix Farm to XenApp 7.15 LTSR. We have 6 scanners in production and have a total of 28 scan formats. We have been troubleshooting a problem with scan formats not being copied over within the OnBase Application.

We have imported our scan formats to the OnBase application that resides on the "Master Image Citrix Server" and when they take a snapshot of the Master Image and copy that image out to the other citrix servers, the scan formats will not replicate out with it. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

It has been copying all the .ini files that resides with OnBase. But it will not replicate the actual scan format within the OnBase application.

Thanks,

Lee

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Pam/Lee!

Good to know about the SEEDINI and INIFILE. While I wouldn't expect those settings to explicitly fix your issue, it does give a bit of context. LowTwainMode is a feature which allows the Scan Format to use basic TWAIN features supported by the TWAIN drivers. These features are available for any scanner which supports TWAIN and include duplex, autofeed, color format, brightness, contrast, paper, size, orientation, rotation, threshold, xres, and yres. By using LowTwainMode, the type of scanner doesn't matter since all of the features are available with all supported scanners and therefore means you typically don't have to create as many Scan Formats (i.e. Scan Formats for specific Scanners).

The caveat of this is that LowTwainMode doesn't take advantage of the unique features available for the various scanners which you have within your organization such as deskew, auto-rotate, etc. If you are using these features within your Scan Formats then you will not be able to use LowTwainMode.

Since you have an active Support Issue open with Technical Support regarding the importing of the Scan Formats, I would recommend working with them further to find a resolution as they will have a greater ability to understand the issue.

Best wishes.

Hi Adam,

Are you able to find any other client that has their scanformats published this way?  We have had two tech support issues closed without a new solution other than to say we have to publish them the way we have always been doing it by logging into each server and importing/updating.  There has to be a better or more advanced way for these scanformats.

Thank you your help.

Pam

I'm not sure if this is an option, but something we do here is we have the scan formats all stored external to the Citrix servers. This way there is just one centralized location that they are on instead of having them on each citrix server. I'm not sure if this is something you are looking for, but it at least is a potential alternative.

Hi Ryan,

Can you give your email address so that we can talk about this more offline?

Steve_McCune
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We can't make the scan formats work in Citrix unless you have personal profiles for each person. To get around this, we are going to make the twain interface come up each batch and have them choose from the templates in the scanner driver. Your users will only get the default settings that you last used in your scanner.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.