Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan formats when upgrading from 17 to 18

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi,

My apologies if this is out there somewhere. I searched but didn't come up with anything. We are upgrading from 17 to 18 next month and I know there are changes with the scan formats. We have a mixed environment of local installs and Citrix deployment. We also have various Fujitsu scanner models from the 6130 to the 7160 and then other brands as well. 

Initially I created new scan formats for the 7160 scanner and exported them to a share then imported them for the Citrix install. That worked great for me with my 7160 scanner. I also intended to use these for the local install. However, when I installed 18 for a local install with a 6130z scanner, the scan formats wouldn't show even though I could see they were automatically pushed. I ended up making new scan formats for the 6130z. I have this horrible feeling I need to create scan formats for EVERY model. If I knew exactly what was out there, that wouldn't be a problem but I don't.

How have you all dealt with this? I have a good idea what is out there in the wild for scanner models but not a definite list for sure. When I talked to someone else, they had their customers export the scan formats then re-import them after the upgrade. I don't see how that will work with various models though. And I don't think the users have that permission on the Citrix servers. 

Thanks for any help!!

Michelle

1 REPLY 1

Kyle_Bledsoe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I noticed when we were tackling Windows 10 for the first time that the updated Fujitsu drivers seemed similar.  So like everything newer than 6130z used the same Paperstream driver.  But things older than 6130 used a different driver. 

It seemed like all scanners that used the same driver could use similar scan formats.

I will note we haven't evaluated buying new scanners for a couple years so not sure how accurate this still is.  We also don't use OnBase through Citrix so not sure how applicable our setup is to yours.