cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieve via scan queue

Ethan_Farinella
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello, was curious if I can/ how to  retrieve documents in scan queue using keywords

Asking because we need a list of keywords from a scan queue with many different doc types.

Or how do you find only the documents with different doc types that are in a scan queue.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi, Ethan,

I'm not aware of a good way to search for documents by keywords in Scan Queues.  I'm interested to hear what Hyland has to say.

However, I'm curious what your use case is for searching for documents in scan queues by keywords.  The capture processes (I don't mean specifically the Capture Process Designer processes but standard scan queues, too) that we put together are purely to get initial indexing information onto the documents just so that they can be retrieved from Document Retrieval or Custom Queries.  Once the documents have enough information associated with them to be identifiable, we then use Workflow to process the documents to a more "final" state.

Our capture processes are very simple, though and I know Hyland put together the Capture Process Designer to handle complex capture processes which you may have. I'm just curious.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi, Ethan,

I'm not aware of a good way to search for documents by keywords in Scan Queues.  I'm interested to hear what Hyland has to say.

However, I'm curious what your use case is for searching for documents in scan queues by keywords.  The capture processes (I don't mean specifically the Capture Process Designer processes but standard scan queues, too) that we put together are purely to get initial indexing information onto the documents just so that they can be retrieved from Document Retrieval or Custom Queries.  Once the documents have enough information associated with them to be identifiable, we then use Workflow to process the documents to a more "final" state.

Our capture processes are very simple, though and I know Hyland put together the Capture Process Designer to handle complex capture processes which you may have. I'm just curious.