cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding WORM settings on Platters

Joe_Henning
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a customer who has engaged a 3rd party Software that Acts like a WORM (no delete etc) but is not a "Removable" Media hence the question.

I have had a ticket open with support and I feel that we are working through the current issue (Proc Mon shows permissions denied when creating Volumes but OnBase.ID can be written to as well as the files if the Volume number folder is manually created by Explorer in the disk group location)  but because it's not a Centera or other mentioned in the MRG  I'm concerned that I'm not getting all of the back end on the requirements for setting this device up correctly for OnBase to use in a "copy 2" straight capacity.

The vendor claims that it should be treated like a standard storage device and no additional care need be taken; but they are actively discussing the permission aspect as well. The software monitors the entirety of the drive including the share that has the permissions set to it correctly that we're trying to get in play.

I was hoping that you could shed some additional insight into the Volume Configuration "Worm" Checkbox (this is 18 base version) and what characteristics does that set beyond my assumption that OnBase will not attempt to "delete" from the location and marking it with a W.

We've also set the Snaplock setting as per Hyland's instructions; which hasn't helped with the permission problem but no harm no foul there.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

0 REPLIES 0