cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate a value within a data set? (Unity Form and Keyword)

Marawan_Elbaz
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

I want the user to enter a value and I want there to be a way to validate and see if the value exists already within a Keyword's data set. If anybody has any idea or starting point to this question, would be greatly appreciated if shared.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Latchuk
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Marawan,

In Config for the Keyword Type Settings, you'll have to enable the "Use Keyword Data Set" option.

The "Keyword Must Exist" option ensures that only the information within the Keywords Data Set can be used.

I have the link below that goes into further information(22.1).

25f951ca712d41b0815e397fda7486e9

Then if you go to your Unity Form, and add your Keyword to the form it should already be a "Select List" opposed to a text box.

497346d8c45c40b29694fb4540fe3104

https://support.hyland.com/r/OnBase/System-Administration-On-Premises/English/Foundation-22.1/On-Pre...

Hopefully this helps!

Hi @Michael Latchuk ,

I am trying to do a validation within the Unity Form so that the user does not enter a value already in a data set.

Hello @Marawan Elbaz 

Oh sorry, with that I am not 100% sure.

Just as generally I use Data Sets to only allow my users to enter specific values as I do not want them to free form anything, but I'd be curious on what your use case would be?

Maybe this will work? Adding a Custom Action with a condition for each item in the data set that checks the field value and if it does match, mark the field invalid. Depending on the size of the Data Set this may be unreasonable though.

@Marawan Elbaz As per @Michael Latchuk comment, can you please provide more information as to the business use case? If you can add screen shots to support your information that can help us Community members understand better and potentially provide you with a viable solution.

My initial thought one solution could be validating the value entered using a Unity Script and in the unity script it does a lookup to the keyword data set table and checks if the value exists. If it exists, then you can populate a hidden text box with a string value "The value entered <value> already exists" and then you can control how the text box is displayed using Custom Action etc. And then you can also invalidate the field as well using Custom Action.

As example, a customer I built a solution for them wanted a Unity Form to be able to validate that an email address entered by a user is a valid formatted email address. I used a unity script that would validate it using a regular expression.

Respectfully,

George