cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PaperStream IP recommended settings-OnBase 12

Shelly_Coates
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi! I'm configuring my first Fujitsu scanner (fi-5530c2) and would like to hear some recommendations for scan settings. The scanner is pretty slow right now. It scans nice images, but it's just SLOW. I have it set to scan a maximum page size and I have read that changing that to be paper specific would help. Are there any other settings in PaperStream that might help with performance? Also, I just wanted to confirm that there is no way to make the PaperStream format (color vs. black and white) stick to a scan format in OnBase. It always displays the most recent setting for PaperStream and the scan operator has to go to PaperStream to change the color options. 

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

David_Rockburn
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Shelly,

What is your resolution set to? A high resolution setting could cause pages to be scanned in very slowly. We recommend that unless you require scanning images at a high resolution, that you scan most documents at 200 dpi. If you are scanning documents that will undergo OCR or Bar Code Processing, we recommend that you scan images at 300 dpi. 

As for the image mode - the Scan Format should retain the selected option. Your users should not have to change the image mode between Black & White and Color when they change scan formats. I would contact your first line of support for assistance with this issue. 

Thank you,

David Rockburn

Joey_Dobbertin
Employee
Employee

The ability to map Fujitsu PaperStream profiles to a specific scan format in OnBase was added at part of SCR#179931. This feature is available in OnBase 15.0.0.21 and higher.

As for scan speed, does the scanner work faster when used outside of OnBase?

Neelima_Serinen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi, Regarding issues with performance I guess if you set correct file format in scan format settings that might resolve performance issue.
For Black and White - File format setting should be Tiff Group 4
For color - File format setting should be JPEG