cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Unity IWorkflow scripts work in classic workflow?

Josh_Belmonte
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have written a script that works 100% in core-based but does not return the script result to classic workflow...

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Robert_Russ
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

For the Classic Workflow environment, OnBase Automation and Thick client VBScripts is the recommended solution.  For Core base environments, then Unity Scripts are the recommended solution.  To support both scripts in core and cliassic workflow, you will need to create a rule or action for both. 

In core based environments only the core based Unity scripts will execute (Run Unity Script) The classic base workflow will ignore any unity script actions or rules.

In the classic base workflow, it will only execute the VBScript Action or Rule (Run Script).  Classic workflow will ignore all Unity Action or rules.

I highly suggest that if possible that you move your classic base workflow to the core base workflow.  The reason is that the classic base workflow is deprecated so there are no new additions, modifications of functionality.  I believe there are over 100 additions to the core based workflow that are not included within classic so there is a huge difference in functionality between the 2 environments.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Timothy_Cosgrif
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

They do not. Running an IWorkflowScript requires a connection to the Application Server, which Classic Workflow is not aware of.

Josh_Belmonte
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Can I just ask then in a mixed environment where we use core-based and classic workflow what is the recommended method of writing scripts? I used to write vbscripts that could handle both environments.

Robert_Russ
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

For the Classic Workflow environment, OnBase Automation and Thick client VBScripts is the recommended solution.  For Core base environments, then Unity Scripts are the recommended solution.  To support both scripts in core and cliassic workflow, you will need to create a rule or action for both. 

In core based environments only the core based Unity scripts will execute (Run Unity Script) The classic base workflow will ignore any unity script actions or rules.

In the classic base workflow, it will only execute the VBScript Action or Rule (Run Script).  Classic workflow will ignore all Unity Action or rules.

I highly suggest that if possible that you move your classic base workflow to the core base workflow.  The reason is that the classic base workflow is deprecated so there are no new additions, modifications of functionality.  I believe there are over 100 additions to the core based workflow that are not included within classic so there is a huge difference in functionality between the 2 environments.