cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build custom query based on Note Types?

Neelima_Serinen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

In configuration Custom Query module. I don't see any option to select 'Note Type' to build custom query on documents.

Need to provide a custom query that will query all documents on which 'Note' was not added. This query will enable users to add notes on the documents that were skipped.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Neelima,

Another option you can look into is leveraging the display column for "Note Count" which is built in functionality for Custom Queries (outside of custom SQL). If you do not see these as a current option to add for display, you will need to enable them by navigating to Document | Display Columns | Enable "Note Columns" Once added you could then have users sort by this and find all the documents without notes.

Hope this helps!

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Neelima. Hope things are going well in AZ.

I think this post below offers your best choice if you want to do this via a custom query. Do remember that custom SQL queries don't give you columns you can sort on or format.

https://www.onbase.com/community/onbase_product_communities/general_onbase_product_information/f/107...

The sql query in that post deals specifically with text in a note. But with some playing around, you might/should be able to query for documents that do not have a corresponding itemnum in hsi.notetable. This might actually be easier to do in a tool like SQL Server Management Studio. In any case, hope this helps.

Neelima_Serinen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Jose, Thank you for your reply.

I will give it a try with custom SQL query as posted in the link suggested above.

Let me know if you figure it out or if I can help you some more.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Neelima,

Another option you can look into is leveraging the display column for "Note Count" which is built in functionality for Custom Queries (outside of custom SQL). If you do not see these as a current option to add for display, you will need to enable them by navigating to Document | Display Columns | Enable "Note Columns" Once added you could then have users sort by this and find all the documents without notes.

Hope this helps!