cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword Error - DIP

Ryan_Johannes
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

So I'm trying to run DIP and I keep getting an error, "Could not copy file......error: keyword." (See attached)

I've checked the .txt file and the keywords seem to be all in place with the correct process formatting.

Does anyone know what this could be?

9 REPLIES 9

Kyle,

Still same error as before. The verification report looks just like the one I have attached previously.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Ryan

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Here are a few things I can think of: 

- If you are running the DIP as a service or under another user account, is the Z: drive correcly mapped. As a rule we always use UNC named (e.g. \\server\share\....) rather than shared drive letters. 

- Does the file exist? Copy the file name from the verification log and paste it in to a Start - Run. Do you access the file or is some other error returned. If you get an error, walk back each level from the right (file, directory, directory, etc.) to see where it breaks. 

- If you have processed the DIP file in Word or Excell (I have seen it done, and do it myself from time to time), you need to watch out for Autocorrect replacements. The double quotes seem fine (regular ASCII and not the Word version), but perhaps the underscores or something else is not exactly what it seems to be. 

- Double check the separator and delimiter settings in the DIP process. I like to copy-paste, yes even for 1 character, just to reduce the chance of error. (please post your current configuration)

- Delete the Keyword field mappings and recreate them, with the correct date format. Sometimes you just try thing. (please post your new configuration)

"- If you are running the DIP as a service or under another user account, is the Z: drive correcly mapped. As a rule we always use UNC named (e.g. \\server\share\....) rather than shared drive letters."

This was the issue. Our IT Admin had to reset the shared network credentials.

Thank you! Much appreciated!!

This helped me find the missing \ in the share. Thank you!

Susan_Ruttenber
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Can not copy file error code is almost always that the file is not in the location that is referenced. (as the last post references)

When you configured the DIP process do you have this System keyword set as Full path, or as File Name.  If it is file name than the text file has to be in the directory with the images (PDF).  If it is full path, I would also replace the F:\ to the full unc path and it should be able to reach to that location and pull against the path referenced in the text file.

I always use the same methodology, if you take the path and put it in a run command, does it go to that location?

Did you try just running the first line in the text file to get just one line to run instead of the entire file?

I still feel that even if the first line runs, you are calling the exact same file name with the same keywords, which if tiff's would append if these are two different .pdf's then the file name can not be the exact same name.

DIP is not hard but it does have unique nuances and it takes one step at a time.