cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are there or How do duplicate document types display in "add to document types wizard" in OnBase Config | Keyword | Keyword Types | ... ?

christian_jone1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Production: 15.0.2.128 / SQL Server 2008 R2

OnBase Config | Keyword | Keyword Types | click on a keyword type to highlight an existing keyword type | click on the document type button (lower left corner of Keyword Type Configuration window) | Assign Document Types window will display | Under Available - Document Types may display duplicated 2 to 4 times each, for example:

Policy Memo
Policy Memo
Tax
Utility
Utility
Utility

I am able to select the single instances, and click the Add >> button which will take Policy Memo (instance1) and add to the Selected column. Policy Memo (instance2) will remain in the Available column. I can click Close button and re-open to it displaying the same way. If I go the traditional route of adding a keyword type to a document type (i.e. Policy Memo), there is only 1 document type instance to select (which is a relief because then I would be really worried to start seeing duplicates in OnBase Config | Document | Document Types).

When adding the keyword type via traditional method, and I go back to the "add to document types wizard" in OnBase Config | Keyword | Keyword Types, I see that both duplicate entries still display and both display under the selected column.

I also do not see duplicates of the Document Type in the OnBase Thick Client | Document Retrieval, which would also be another scary place to start seeing Document Type duplicates.

I imagine that this is some sort of duplicate display bug. My worry is, if I select one or the other instance, does it introduce instability into my OnBase environment??

I have been selecting all of the multiple duplicated instances to add to the Keyword Type, just to be safe.

Other members of my OnBase team also report seeing the duplicate document types on their workstations, so it is not specific to my workstation (Windows 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM; pre-req's met.)

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Christian,

Thank you for posting to Community.

SCR #219596 was created to address this issue. The amount of times the Document Type appears is related to the number of User Groups assigned to the Document Type.

The following post also covered this.

https://www.onbase.com/community/technical_communities/general_onbase/f/11069/t/25224

If you would like further information regarding SCR #219596, please reach out to your First Line of Support.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader
Hyland Software Technical Support Department

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Christian,

Thank you for posting to Community.

SCR #219596 was created to address this issue. The amount of times the Document Type appears is related to the number of User Groups assigned to the Document Type.

The following post also covered this.

https://www.onbase.com/community/technical_communities/general_onbase/f/11069/t/25224

If you would like further information regarding SCR #219596, please reach out to your First Line of Support.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader

Thanks for the response, Jonathan.

Is the SCR #219596 more of just a visual anomaly or does it actually cause harm to the OnBase Database? Just in case users select one or the other, does it cause inconsistency in OnBase?

Hi Christian,
It is just a visual thing and does not affect or harm the database.
Thanks.
Jonathan Finney
Team Leader

Paula_Ryburn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Was this fixed in OB17?  SCR #219596  Thanks.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.