cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Microsoft's AD Rights Managment module

Jeff_Cooley1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Has anyone used the Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management module in combination with Onbase? If so, what were your results?  Has Hyland approved the use of this product? We are looking for a way to control the office and pdf documents that are stored in Onbase. Currently we are unable to prevent users from printing these documents since they are opened with the native viewers. We are on version 8.2 and will be upgrading to v13 early next year.

Thanks.

Jeff Cooley

6 REPLIES 6

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the post and sorry for a late response.  While you may have already received an answer to your question, I wanted to post this information for the rest of the Community.

At this time and as of v14, OnBase is not an AD RMS-enabled application nor have I seen/heard of any plans to enable OnBase to be an AD RMS-enabled application.  If you would like this functionality, I would recommend reaching out to your first line of support to enter an enhancement request. 

That being said, I can’t speak to the ability to utilize the features of the AD RMS with OnBase without a specific integration.  It is possible that there are ways to utilize the functionality of AD RMS with OnBase, however, it would not be a native integration and would simply be using the features of AD RMS.  If you do find a way to utilize the functionality of AD RMS with OnBase, please feel free to post back to the Community and share your findings.

Take care,

If you have a customer who are using AD RMS, how can we integrate OnBase to keep this feature? I think it's a way to "publish" some document elsewhere and apply RMS right? It's especially to give access on sensitive documents outside organisation. What would be the Hyland recommandation?

Hi Romain,

At this time Hyland doesn't have any recommendations for AD RMS as it is not a support Microsoft integration (see above post for what *supported* means). You can read more about AD RMS on the Microsoft AD RMS Overview page:

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh831364(v=ws.11).aspx

Take care.

Michael_Fray2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Jeff,

Have you got more knowledge about AD RMS and OnBase since this post? I am curious to know if the two will / can work together.

Thanks

Michael Fray
Denmark