cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How deal with Microsoft RMS and OnBase?

Romain_Rochat
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

One of our customer ask (in presale process) how to deal with OnBase and Microsoft RMS. They have in the company some sensitive documents and they apply right managment for those documents who are leaving company (sent by email, etc.). It is possible for instance to specify a date after that the document is not viewable anymore.

The current RMS is able to :

• Protect any type of file (not just Microsoft Documents)
  • Share across all Devices (not just Windows users)
  • Sharing with anyone (internal/external to the organization)
  • Available for individual use as well as organizational use

If the customer choose to start with OnBase, it wants to have a solution to still be able to secure documents for this field. It's probabyl an architecture solution with a mix of OnBase stuff and keeping the existing RMS solution.

I don't know the details about Microsoft RMS. Is anyone experienced this? How could be reply to the customer?

Thanks for your feedback,
Kind regards,
Romain

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Warren_Kopp
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Romain,

As of version 16, OnBase has not been tested, nor are we currently planning to test with AD RMS. That said, it may be possible to use combine the utility of AD RMS and OnBase. If you would like this functionality, I would recommend reaching out to your first line of support to enter an enhancement request.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Warren_Kopp
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Romain,

As of version 16, OnBase has not been tested, nor are we currently planning to test with AD RMS. That said, it may be possible to use combine the utility of AD RMS and OnBase. If you would like this functionality, I would recommend reaching out to your first line of support to enter an enhancement request.