Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing System Tasks using Unity API

Anthony_Boyd
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi, 

Is there a way to execute a system task from within the Unity API?  I could not find anything in the SDK related to Systems Tasks.

Thanks
Anthony 

9 REPLIES 9

Zhengxin_Guo
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi! Marcus,

Thanks for reaching out us ! Sorry that we still don’t have any methods to execute a System Task yet. But there is already a software change request for it. The SCR # is 244214 and you can contact your line of support to be added to the List.

On the other hand, as far as I know, we’re going to have Unity Scheduler Script in the coming release 16, which allows you to execute the Unity Script in Unity Scheduler Timer service. That means you can eliminate the need of creating a dummy doc, lifecycle and system task for running a script. Instead, you can just create a Scheduler Task to run the script automatically as you schedule.

Hope this helps. Thanks much!

We contacted Hyland's Team M to be added to SCR #244214 a few weeks ago. We were told that it is currently "Denied", with this explanation:

"The Unity Api is not meant to be a primary driver for Workflow functionality, but a supplement to."

Thanks for the answer. I just learned that OnBase 13 Unity timers cannot be run by any mechanism. Apparently a Unity Scheduler Timer service is being created?

Fabian_Serna
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hola a todos, Lo que hice fue adicionarlo a un worklow con "AddToLifeCycle" y posterior a eso ejecuto un ad hock task, se que no es la solucion adecuada pero es una alternativa a lo que se pretende hacer. y dentro del ad hoc task siempre saco el documento al final del workflow..

Fabian's answer is a good suggestion. Google Translate says:

"Hi all, What I did was add it to a worklow with " AddToLifeCycle " and after that I run an ad hock task , it is not the right solution but it is an alternative to what is intended to do. and within the ad hoc task always sack the document workflow at the end .."

You might even be able to use System Work in a specific Queue to do what you need directly, without the extra step of triggering an Ad Hoc Task.