Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not received using Dist Service v15

Erica_Rocks
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to OnBase, and am now supporting Workflow in an older environment (v 15). I've been trying to get emails to send using the Distribution Service, but it is sporadically successful. After doing some research and querying some tables, I've found that I see all the distribution requests in the hsi.emailqueue table. Then I see the successful distrequestnum's in the hsi.distributionhist table. But all the unsuccessful distrequestnum's are in the hsi.distributionqueue table (about 1/3 of the total have not been sent, and this only started happening at a certain point in time). Why are those not being sent?

I found the below community article about having a standalone Workflow Timer on a client using the -WFSRVR switch but also wanted to check whether there is another reason why this might happen?

https://community.hyland.com/tskb/832990-SomeemailsarenotbeingsentoutusingWorkflowTimerandDistributi...

Thank you,

Erica

3 REPLIES 3

Cameron_Roberts
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Erica,

I am sorry you are having difficulty routing email messages! I was hoping you could provide me with a little more information that should help me get to the bottom of the issue.

1. When the distributionqueue table is queried what is the value in the requeststatus column of the older non-routed messages?
  2. Are the failing messages formatted Notifications or plain text? This can be determined by the obblobnum column of the the same table (distributionqueue). If the is a value in the column the message are formatted.

Thanks,

Cameron Roberts

Hi Cameron, Appreciate your help! Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Older non-routed messages have a requeststatus of "0" (zero). There are just over 11,000 of them.
  2. The obblobnum entries are all "0" (zero) as well.

I'm happy to send a dump of my query, which joins the 3 tables if that helps.

Thanks again,

Erica

Cameron_Roberts
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Erica,

OK, it appears the messages have not been attempted and by the Distribution Service and with other messages routing around them this is puzzling. Would it possible for you to run Diagnostic Console on the Distribution Service machine with the Error and Timer/Distribution Service tabs enabled and provide the results. Or better yet can you contact support for assistance?

Thanks,

Cameron