Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword DataSet

Peter_Carroll
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello

I created an ExternalKeywordDataSetScript that gets all users. I have configured a keyword to use datasets and set that to external and attached the script to it. As a user with Manager rights it works fine. But any other user group it throws an permission error. I went into studio and set all the usergroups to have view permissions and that did not help. When I go into the Unity Form Designer and test drive the unity form and impersonate any user group it works but just not the live version. I know I am missing something simple but I can't see it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here is the requested data

Sorry about that here is the Diagnostic Console. The select list just does not open so no real error displayed on the UI side.

I understand that it is saying that the user does not have rights but I don't know which rights it is wanting. The user is a member of a user group that has rights to the document type.

5 REPLIES 5

Shane_Cook
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Adding a screen shot of the error message and/or any message details you can capture using the Diagnostic Console may also help.

Ok I figured it out. The user did not have User Configuration rights. So is there a way to give a user user view rights with out being able to do anything to the user accounts?

Mark_Queitzsch
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Peter

If your script is implementing the UserAdministration.GetUsers method, that method gets the users that the current user (running the script) is allowed to administer, as described here: https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/29c89265-4167-2b3a-bcf4-748463cb29aa.htm

Whenever I've needed to populate a Keyword Data Set or AutoFill Keyword Set with all OnBase users, I've hit the hsi.useraccount table in the OnBase database. Obviously, this approach comes with all the caveats of directly hitting the database. One example is that you need to constrain the query to return non-deactivated user accounts. An alternative (but somewhat convoluted) approach could be to have a Unity Script run as MANAGER (or some other account that you create to do nothing more than administer all users) by a scheduler that implements UserAdministration.GetUsers to populate a data store with user account data and have your external KDS hit that.

Mark

Ok so I am a newbie, how do I get the script to run as another user and what kind of data store do you mean? Sorry for the confusion