cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Notifications to Varying User Groups

Clair_Bruggeman
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We have a unity form that is accessed by 9 user groups who must vote on the form before it is routed from the queue.  Timers monitor the number of days in the queue and trigger overdue notifications to all user groups that have access to the queue.  We would like to only send the notifications to the user groups that have not voted, not to all nine.  I have looked at the Action called Set Notifications Recipients to Property.  Will this allow me to add those user groups that have not voted to a property bag and use that property bag as the recipient in my notification?  If so, how do I do this? Is there another better way for me to get the result I want?

We are on v.17 and use the Hyland Distribution Service to send selected email notifications through external mail.

Thanks,

Clair

2 REPLIES 2

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Clair.

The Set Notification Recipients to Property works in reverse from the way you are thinking. This will take a list of recipients of a delivered notification and add those individuals to the property.

Since you mentioned that these are user groups instead of individuals, the best option I can think of would be to set a property with the values of the user groups you like to include in the notification (you could use the Copy Property to/from Form Field Action assuming the list of user groups consists of values on the form), use a script to determine the email addresses of the users in those groups, set a property with the email addresses and then send the notification based on the property value.

If you would like this functionality within the software, I would recommend an Enhancement Request.

Best wishes.

Adam --

I have a notification that I am sending through WorkView. I have set the Recipient to User Group, however the users within the user group never receive the email, but when I hard-code the users individually there is not an issue.

Are you aware of any issues in 17 that prevent WorkView emails being sent to the User Group?