cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Console Error Code repository?

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

So I am working on trying to diagnose some errors and I noticed the column in the Diagnostics Console that is called "ErrorId". So I was wondering, is there a repository somewhere that I could search for my error code in and get some feedback on that specific error code and possibly things to try to fix it or suggestions on next steps? I feel like if we are going to be supplied this information, then it would be super helpful if we could look up the ErrorId and see what it is, get an explanation of it, and then what we can do to fix it.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Bobby_Scott
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Ryan, 

I know the nomenclature may be confusing, but ErrorID does not operate the same as EventID in Windows Event Viewer for example. ErrorID is more like a GUID for that specific session to relate specific messages during that session only. The key to troubleshooting should be in the 'Message' column itself specifically as the message relates to the module listed. Is there a particular issue you need help troubleshooting?

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

I have a ticket in to FLOS right now, but I am more so looking for maybe an easier way to look up an Error ID so that I can then take it, plug it in to a lookup, and then get feedback on causes and potential resolutions. Similar to how Microsoft has a lot of their Help sections.

Bobby_Scott
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Ryan, 

Maybe I wasn't clear before.  The ErrorID has no standard meaning. It is only used in a relational sense, much like your Session ID is only valid for your individual session, any ErrorID you receive in diagnostics console is only useful for the developer parsing the bug report to determine related events. I understand how this could be confusing given how Microsoft has standardized EventIDs that correspond to particular failures, but ErrorID, as presented in the Diagnostics Console, does not function the same way. As an OnBase Administrator, ErrorID serves no purpose for you, so it may be best for you to just hide that column to avoid confusion. It does provide assistance to our developers when debugging code, so it will not be removed, but for all of your intents and purposes, it is not needed. 

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Well, that absolutely stinks. It would definitely be nice to have something like that because then it would be even easier to look things up. I know they have the KB on this site, but it is sometimes a struggle to lookup those KB's. So being able to paste a Error ID of some sort would be very helpful. Are there any columns that could be leveraged to do something like this that you know of Bobby?