cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX error opening Word or Excel documents via Desktop Client v16. Documents open fine outside of the client.

Andy_Miller
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This error is received and the Desktop Client crashes whenever attempting to view Microsoft Office documents. If I pull them up outside of Desktop it is fine. I tried disabling DEP for Excel.exe and Word, reboot, and still no go. I also did a repair on Office. This is on a Windows 2012R2 server. They pull up fine from a Windows 7 machine. Anyone have an idea?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for using Community.

I have seen this type of issue occur if the Application Server that is specified in Config > Utils > Application Server is not accessible from workstation that is having the problem. I would recommend verifying the path in the above location can be browsed to in Internet Explorer.

In most cases, attempting to access the service.asmx page will result in windows prompting for Credentials. If this is the case, adding the Application Server's service.asmx path to the workstation's Trusted Sites usually resolves the issue.

If you find that this path is accessible from the workstation, my next suggestion would be to reach out to your First Line of Support to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Team Leader

Hyland Software Technical Support Department

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for using Community.

I have seen this type of issue occur if the Application Server that is specified in Config > Utils > Application Server is not accessible from workstation that is having the problem. I would recommend verifying the path in the above location can be browsed to in Internet Explorer.

In most cases, attempting to access the service.asmx page will result in windows prompting for Credentials. If this is the case, adding the Application Server's service.asmx path to the workstation's Trusted Sites usually resolves the issue.

If you find that this path is accessible from the workstation, my next suggestion would be to reach out to your First Line of Support to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Team Leader

Hyland Software Technical Support Department

That was it thank you. I found that if IE Enhanced Security is turned off it works. Thanks Jonathan.

Adding our Application Server's service.asmx path our Local intranet sites did the trick for me.

Appreciate the help, Jonathan.