cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autofill keyword sets

Andreas_Papacha
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am running an xml index dip for a document and I have 4 keywords. Keyword 1 and 2 are included on the xml file but keyword 3 has to be autofilled based on the value of keyword 1 and keyword 4 has to be autofilled based on the value of keyword 2. How can achieve that. I can only choose one autofill keyword set in the document-keyword type selection. if I try to select it in the keyword type configuration menu it is not available for keyword 3 and 4

2 REPLIES 2

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thank you for using the OnBase Community Andreas,

Unfortunately, there currently is no direct way to do what you are requesting.

See page 16 of the Document Import Processor Module Reference Guide for more information.

An existing SCR addresses this issue, if you contact your First Line of Support you can request to be added to SCR # 16729.

You can still use AutoFill Keyword Sets associated at the Keyword level, however the Documents would just need to be Re-Indexed in order for the AutoFill Keyword Sets to be expanded.

I have outlined how you would setup multiple AutoFill Keyword Sets below.

AutoFill 1 would contain Keyword 1 and Keyword 3, and AutoFill 2 would contain Keyword 2 and Keyword 4. 

After the AutoFill Keyword sets are created, re-open the Keyword settings for Keyword 1 and associated AutoFill 1 with Keyword 1.  Then open the Keyword 2 and associate AutoFill 2 with Keyword 2.

Keyword values for KW 1 and KW 2 will be populated after running the Document Import Process. The Documents would have to be Re-Indexed and the Primary values would need to be tabbed out of in order for the AutoFill Keyword Sets to be expanded.

Please contact your First Line of Support for more information.

Thank you,

Bryan Hurless

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

There may be no way to do this directly in onbase, but onbase only needs the DIP file.  You can use any coding tool you want to create that DIP file.  Either via code or sql.  I would probably import the xml file into sql server and then join to the two tables that provide the other values.  Then an export to csv, should get you a nice text file delimited by commas.  If you allow your clients to store commas in your keywords then you'll have to get a bit more inventive, but it is still quite doable.  Also, I would not use the onbase DB.  Keep that inviolate and do this from another database.