cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Equivalent of WAM Workflow Action

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

OnBase 15 question. Related to Workflow Approval Management.

We have a system task that uses the action Add Approver at Current Level  with the option to Prompt for Approver from Approval User Only.  This configuration displays a built-in form with a drop-down that contains a dataset of just approval users. We use this task to change the current approver (on invoices) to some other approver within our WAM matrix.

The issue is that this forces us to run the task once per each document as it works its way through the highlighted documents on a hit list of invoices.  For each document, this translates to multiple clicks to choose the new approver and submit the form.

I'd like to be able to pass the new approver's user id once into some variable, and then apply the action to all the documents without  redisplaying the built-in form for each single one. The built-in action does not have an option to store the keyword value into a property.

I found some methods, and even script interfaces, related to WAM in the SDK. But, it doesn't look like there's anything that would be the API equivalent of Add Approver at Current Level .

Thoughts?

Thanks

Joe

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Joe,

Since you have submitted this issue to API support, we will wait to post a solution. 

Once API support has provided a solution we will post that here for everyones benefit.

Thank you.

Hi Daniel.
Unfortunately, API support confirmed there is no equivalent in the API that I can use to accomplish this. I then started thinking in terms of a new lifecycle, but the workflow action does not allow me to pass a property item to the action.