cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Document Templates

Sherri_Henderso
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have a solution that we getting ready to put in place that uses Document Templates. Just to clarify I'm not talking about Document Composition, but the basic Document templates using OLE documents. I've been trying to Export these from one environment to another using the change control options. This has not been working. Some of the templates are used in a workflow when I export the workflow, it try's to bring them over, but only allows for "No Action" or Map". For the templates that aren't associated to a workflow, I see no option in Change Control to export the templates, by themselves.

Customer is on EP5. Any thoughts on how to move these from one environment to another?

1 REPLY 1

Eric_Simpson1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I've never used document templates, but the Document Composition MRG (pg 127 for EP3) says you can export and import them from the Template Builder.  If that doesn't work, try Config under Utils > Change Control > Export Configuration Items.  For a third option, if they're stored as SYS Document Template docs, try retrieving the document in client, then right-click and Send To a file to export it and Import the file into the other environment.  You'll have to copy over the Description keyword value manually.

If one or more of these work for you, please let us know.