cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find the data stored in Document History in the database?

Julie_Brown
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have a document in the Workflow that was signed using stored signatures and it records the user, time & date the user signed the document in the Document History.

I would like to use Workflow to pull the user(s) that has signed the document to create a reminder notification for the user(s) who have not signed yet.

But I cant seem to find this info in the database.

Is this even possible to pull the User, Time & Date and Action?

cf8a4426b62046ca9d6e2bdf4ffc946f

Or is there another way to get this information?

OnBase 22.1

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Brent_Keith1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

select tx.itemnum as 'DocHandle', tx.tmessage as 'Message', u.username as 'Username', tx.logdate as 'LogDate'
from transactionxlog tx
Join useraccount u on u.usernum = tx.usernum
where tx.actionnum = 5
and tx.subactionnum = 6
and tx.itemnum = 1654

I believe this will get you started - you should go into your Database and look into the Transactionxlog - you will be able to find the actionnum and subactionnum you are looking for - You can remove the itemnum if you are not looking for a specific Document

You will need to find the specific actionnum and subactionnum for the message that you are looking to define the query by

https://support.hyland.com/r/OnBase/Database-Reporting-Guide/English/Foundation-22.1/Database-Report...

This will show you how the tables join

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Brent_Keith1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

select tx.itemnum as 'DocHandle', tx.tmessage as 'Message', u.username as 'Username', tx.logdate as 'LogDate'
from transactionxlog tx
Join useraccount u on u.usernum = tx.usernum
where tx.actionnum = 5
and tx.subactionnum = 6
and tx.itemnum = 1654

I believe this will get you started - you should go into your Database and look into the Transactionxlog - you will be able to find the actionnum and subactionnum you are looking for - You can remove the itemnum if you are not looking for a specific Document

You will need to find the specific actionnum and subactionnum for the message that you are looking to define the query by

https://support.hyland.com/r/OnBase/Database-Reporting-Guide/English/Foundation-22.1/Database-Report...

This will show you how the tables join

Thanks @Brent Keith 

I was close, I was in the transactionlog table, I was missing the x.

This is the information I was looking for.

Thanks again

Barbara_Ebel-La
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Transactionxlog is a massive table, and hitting it without enough constraints could result in very long query times.  Like Brent said above you can definitely query it with a single doc ID, but I wouldn't ever remove the doc ID.  With your specific scenario you might be better off storing the data you want in a keyword, then use the keyword to populate the notification.

Thanks @Barbara Ebel, that's what I was thinking too.