Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted Epic Site and OnBase

Nick_Cohen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

Is anyone else hosting an additional Epic site and if so how are you managing OnBase? I have been tasked with making sure that our main hospitals and the hosted site cannot see each other's documents via OnBase. I have looked into Security Keywords, but I am struggling with documents that were brought in via Epic. I am trying to avoid making new Document Types for the hosted site. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

6 REPLIES 6

John_Rice1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Nick,

Here's a thought from one of the members of our healthcare implementation team:

Use separate keyword mapping files/FOS Config files to set a different default facility keyword on all documents scanned via Epic. Then configure security keywords at a user group level to restrict access per facility. This would require that a new user group be created for each facility.

John

John_Rice1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Nick,

Additional thoughts on this topic:

Relative to the previously posted idea - You would have to have a separate Citrix box just for that location to be able to have a different configuration/mapping file. That might be a challenge to implement.

An alternative idea would be to use the “department” keyword that comes over from Epic. Since it comes over in all contexts, you could use the department to populate a security keyword.

John

Nick_Cohen
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello John,

I was just checking with our Citrix admin on whether this hosted site will be on the same Citrx boxes as our main facilities. As for using Department as a Security Keyword, the Department Keyword is not populating on all of the documents brought in with Epic. My inital thought was to use Department until I discovered it was not always present. Is it difficult to search and update a large number of keywords?

Thanks,

Nick

John_Rice1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Nick,

Typically no, it wouldn't be hard to find the documents missing the keyword value, and you could run a SQL statement to add the missing keywords.  So that's "easy".  The bit that could take more work is identifying the correct value for each of those documents.  If you have a reasonable way to do that, sounds like you might have a path forward.

John