Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushing Data to Meditech

_Smith
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has ever attempted to push data back into Meditech?  For example create transaction records for Meditech to ingest to pay vendors.  Does Hyland or Meditech offer this capability?

Thanks

Dick

6 REPLIES 6

Ed_Hinton
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello Dick,

Thank you for this question.  There are currently a few means by which Hyland is able to provide information back to Meditech.  The main restriction we need to adhere to is that no 3rd party product is allowed to directly write data into Meditech's data storage areas.  The two mechanisms currently used to send information back into Meditech are through communication interfaces provided by Meditech and through user interface scripts.  Examples of communication interfaces supported by Meditech that Hyland supports include:

• ODA release of document index entries into Meditech Magic and Meditech Cient/Server.  The ODA interface is an older Meditech technology no longer sold by Meditech that was supported previously by Valco and Blue Chip and that continues to be supported by Hyland.  This allows a user in Meditech Magic's PCI module to see a list of image documents that are held in OnBase within the individual PCI module menus and to use a single keystroke (right-arrow) to cause the individual document in OnBase to be displayed.  Only Meditech customers who already have an ODA license are able to use this mechanism due to Meditech discontinuing sale of this product.
  • HL7 transcription interface.  Customers who license the ability to sign and edit transcriptions within MRM can have the transcription completion and any edits sent back through the HL7 interface to Meditech.
  • 3rd Party Imaging interface  Certain Meditech versions support an ability for Meditech to accept either HL7 messages or files dropped to a file system to import images into the Meditech system.  This does require that the customer has licensed Meditech's 3rd Party Image interface.  Hyland has done work in some specific cases when this approach was desired.

Use of user interface scripts is currently fairly limited.  This technique does get leveraged for specific information processed via our Revenue Cycle Management product.  I can direct you to the appropriate individuals within Hyland for more information on the RCM product if you would like to speak to someone about it in greater detail.

If you see customer demand for other ways we should consider expanding on the use of these capabilities or would like to learn more about our existing capabilities,  I would be very happy to speak with you further to understand the potential needs and assist in identifying the best individuals within Hyland to bring into the conversation. Please feel free to contact me separately at any time.

Ed Hinton

Senior Development Manager, Healthcare

Essence_Doucet3
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Ed,

I read over your reply to Dick and it sounds like we are limited with what options we have to push information to Meditech.  I was just informed by Technical Support that the Integration for Meditech includes EIS functionality.  Can you speak to specifically what we would or would not be able to accomplish with the EIS piece? 

Essence

Ed_Hinton
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Essence,

I would be happy to provide more information on our capabilities for use of EIS with Meditech.  I do want to verify some of my information on it, but I would be happy to get back to you on it within the next week.  If you need further information more quickly for a current prospect, please let me know and I will get the right individuals together for you to ensure we have the specific answers you would need.

Thanks,

Ed

Essence_Doucet3
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Ed,

If you could get back to me next week that would be great!  Thank you for looking into this for us.

Regards,

Essence

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.