Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DocuSign Integration: Envelopes, OTP via SMS, and Certificate of Completion

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi there

One thing that is still not clear to me is, if you have multiple documents that you'd want to send for signature in the same envelope, how do you go about loading each document into that same envelope from within OnBase?

The other issue we have is that we use second level authentication (OTP gets sent via SMS) - for this we need to pass the signatories' cell number(s) to DocuSign. Is this at all possible from within OnBase? I doubt it because I couldn't find anything in the MRG to this effect...  Would it be a possible future enhancement (ie OB17 or so???).

Also, the Certificate of Completion (aka evidence document) is not returned into OnBase as a separate document, but I believe there is a change request open for this by someone else on the forum?

Apologies for the multitude of questions! 🙂

Kind regards
Lood

PS  We're on OB14; don't have the integration module yet (hence all the questions), but do already use DocuSign.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Gary_Sadosky
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Lood!

First off, thanks for using Community! Hopefully I am able to answer your questions.

1. How can you upload multiple documents to the same DocuSign envelope from within OnBase?

- To upload multiple documents as part of the same envelope, you can either:

a. Using the Unity Client, select multiple documents in a results list (A.K.A. "hitlist") and use the context menu or the DocuSign button in the ribbon to upload all of the documents to DocuSign at once. This will place all of the selected documents in one envelope in DocuSign.

b. Using Workflow, there is a setting for the "Upload to DocuSign" action to target related documents. When enabled and configured, this allows users to upload the selected document, and any configured related documents to be uploaded to DocuSign in one envelope.

2. Is it possible to pass a cell phone # from OnBase to DocuSign for use with two-factor authentication?

- It is not currently possible to pass that information from OnBase. It's possible to add a cell phone # for authentication at the DocuSign level before sending the document out to signers, but the process to do so isn't very user-friendly. The document would need to be uploaded to DocuSign as a draft (which can be done from within OnBase), then using OnBase's Embedded Sending functionality, you would have to modify the draft manually to include two-factor authentication using a phone number.

This is not the ideal solution, so I would recommend working with your first line of support to get an SCR created to add that functionality and to attach your customer record to it.

3. Is there an SCR created for allowing the Certificate of Completion to be automatically imported into OnBase when the signed document is re-imported?

- Yes, you're correct when you say an SCR exists to address this; feel free to ask your first line of support to add your customer record to SCR 240157.

Does this answer your questions? 🙂

Thanks,

Gary

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gary_Sadosky
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Lood!

First off, thanks for using Community! Hopefully I am able to answer your questions.

1. How can you upload multiple documents to the same DocuSign envelope from within OnBase?

- To upload multiple documents as part of the same envelope, you can either:

a. Using the Unity Client, select multiple documents in a results list (A.K.A. "hitlist") and use the context menu or the DocuSign button in the ribbon to upload all of the documents to DocuSign at once. This will place all of the selected documents in one envelope in DocuSign.

b. Using Workflow, there is a setting for the "Upload to DocuSign" action to target related documents. When enabled and configured, this allows users to upload the selected document, and any configured related documents to be uploaded to DocuSign in one envelope.

2. Is it possible to pass a cell phone # from OnBase to DocuSign for use with two-factor authentication?

- It is not currently possible to pass that information from OnBase. It's possible to add a cell phone # for authentication at the DocuSign level before sending the document out to signers, but the process to do so isn't very user-friendly. The document would need to be uploaded to DocuSign as a draft (which can be done from within OnBase), then using OnBase's Embedded Sending functionality, you would have to modify the draft manually to include two-factor authentication using a phone number.

This is not the ideal solution, so I would recommend working with your first line of support to get an SCR created to add that functionality and to attach your customer record to it.

3. Is there an SCR created for allowing the Certificate of Completion to be automatically imported into OnBase when the signed document is re-imported?

- Yes, you're correct when you say an SCR exists to address this; feel free to ask your first line of support to add your customer record to SCR 240157.

Does this answer your questions? 🙂

Thanks,

Gary