cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Archive Rendition. Document Type is not renditionable.

Kirk_Sumpter
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I have an integration driven by a workflow we're currently user testing, we're on version 18.

Myself and one other indivdual can upload, send the document to DS via workflow task/system actions successfully.  I have a polling service running that monitors for completion in DS, then a workflow rule that checks for completion at the doc level and moves it on to another queue.

This works perfectly fine for myself and another user in a different OB user group, but I have another user when the polling service tries to retrieve the document from DS i see a "Failed to Archive Rendition. Document Type is not renditionable." in diagnostics console.  I get the same error when I try to manually check the status via the DS administrative tools in Unity.

Any ideas why these specific documents can't be downloaded, but others (all using the same doc type) cannot?

Edited to add: we have envelope sharing between the user and the DS account we're using to log in for the integration.  

3 REPLIES 3

Roberto_Vazquez
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Kirk Sumpter, did you get this resolved?

Erica_Rocks
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Kirk Sumpter and @Roberto V ...I have a user experiencing this exact issue. Did either you of you find a resolution? 

Thanks!

Erica

Hi Erica,

We did get this working, but this was quite some time ago, so I don't remember what the magic bullet was that fixed this problem.

I believe it was, in configuration, within the doc type you're storing as, go into the Rendition/Revision tab and turn on "Allow Multiple Renditions".  I think prior to turning that on, it was a weird testing scenario that some users were uploading as tiff files and they were coming back from DocuSign as PDF, which worked without renditions being on, but the users that uploaded as PDF and then tried to download the signed PDF wouldn't work until we turned the renditions on.

That being said, we don't use renditions or revisions anywhere else in our environment, if you do I would certainly test heavily to ensure this doesn't mess up something else.

I'm about 80% sure that was the key to getting it working for this specific error...hope that helps!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.