Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service call using unity script

Manikanadanbe
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Dear All,

I am consuming web service via unity script so i have created a proxy class & created a liberary class after that i added this liberary class in my unity script but when I call a unity script i was facing issue called "the request failed with http status 400 bad request ".when i tried this web service via visual studio it was working fine,even I have used test web service that time it is working fine when I am consuming production web service I am facing issue via unity script not via visual studio.please any one help me to solve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Manikandakumar

Since you have contacted Hyland's API Support, this issue is being looked into, seperate from this Community Post.  As information found, this solution will be updated accordingly.

In the meantime, others on Community may post possible solutions to help address this issue.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Manikandakumar

Since you have contacted Hyland's API Support, this issue is being looked into, seperate from this Community Post.  As information found, this solution will be updated accordingly.

In the meantime, others on Community may post possible solutions to help address this issue.

To update everyone on Community. This issue has been closed.

Unfortunately, It is unknown why a 400 Error was returned from the Web Service. Per recommendation, it was suggested to Import a Custom Class Library Assembly for the proxy class. This is to ensure that the Web Service is working as expected. This Class Library Proxy Class can then be reference and tested external to the OnBase Scripting Framework. Once the Proxy Class is working externally, nothing in the Scripting Framework should block any functionality. That same Class Library can then be imported as an External Assembly and Utilized within a Unity Script.

As far as utilizing the Web Service, I would recommend WFC Web Service tutorials that can be found online. Unfortunately, being outside the scope of OnBase, there is limited support that can be provided.

Not applicable

<Answer removed, should've been a comment.  Delete was not allowed>

Not applicable
Without seeing the script or code snippet it's going to be hard to tell. But here are a few things that might be helpful to consider:

1. Is this a client or server-side script?

If you're running it from Visual Studio you're potentially running it as yourself on a workstation, if your script is client side then you're recreating similar environment variables and the script should most likely work the same way, but if your script is server-side it's being posted from the server and the user whom is running it is determined by IIS, so the secondary user may not have proper access to all the resources to form the request properly.

Examining the way the script is being run may expose your issue. Aside from identity, servers also generally have different regulations on internet connections etc that could be affecting your transaction.

2. Ensure that the references you're using inside Onbase Studio match the references in use in Visual Studio. Versioning isn't as apparent in Onbase Studio as in VS.

3. As a general note, you could also use the Diagnostics Console to review some of the variables in your post action to ensure they match what you're seeing in Visual Studio.