cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client does not show document retrieval window

Milind_Panwalka
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are using Onbase 12 on windows xp sp3. When a user logs into the web client from one PC he is able to login and sees the document retrieval window. if the same user logs in from another PC he can login but cannot see the document retrieval window. Are there any local settings that need to be configured for the web client to work?

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

The first thing i would check is that the broswer is a supported version and the latest updates applied. I've seen IE Version 8 w/o updares act in this way.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hello Milind,

I believe this is more than likely related to a previous TKB article in which IE8 did not have the latest cumulative security updates and caused the keyword panel to fail to load:

https://www.hyland.com/community/TKBDoc.ashx?DocId=5384618

Hope this helps!

Milind_Panwalka
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

The problem with us is that we don't get any error messages. The web client just sort of hangs with no document retrieval window. How can I check if the security updates have been applied?

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor
Correct, and you won't get any pop up error messages when this issue occurs, the keyword panel just appears to "hang" and doesn't load. My sugesstion would be to check out the above link which has references to the Updates and Microsoft Article describing the issue.

Thanks,