cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users receiving the Ole Viewer Information error - "No viewer can be created for this file type, at this time".

D_Aunn_Bednarz
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have Users (including myself) that cannot open documents in OnBase with a .DOC file type extension.  We are receiving the Ole Viewer Information error - "No viewer can be created for this file type, at this time."  I am able to open the document in Windows Explorer (opens with Microsoft Word).  The document type is configured with a the default file format for "Image file format".  I have Microsoft Word 2010 on my Workstation.  Since some of the Users can open the documents, I am assuming that the problem is due to work stations having different versions of Microsoft Word.  What can I do to fix this problem?

15 REPLIES 15

D_Aunn_Bednarz
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

When I look at the file through Windows Explorer, the colomn labeled Type shows "Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 Document".

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Both of those are correct. Within configuration can you navigate to Document | File Formats | MS Word Document | Settings. Underneath this file format can you take a look at what the Viewer Type, MIME Type, and Default Extension are?

Thanks,

D_Aunn_Bednarz
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Viewer Type = OLE Server

Command Line for Custom Viewer = INTERNAL VIEWER

MIME type = application/msword

Default Extension = DOC

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Can you try changing the MIME type to the following: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document

Then relaunch your client and see if this has any effect.

Thanks,

D_Aunn_Bednarz
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Yes, but I need to wait until the User community is off the system - so it doesn't have a negative impact on their work.  I will try this early in the morning.