cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use AFKS as keyword data set

Ray_Chumley
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Is there a way to set the primary keyword of an AFKS as a dataset?

More specific, I want to force users to only be able to enter a valid primary keyword when indexing documents, and the only valid primary keywords are in my AFKS.

4 REPLIES 4

Brian_Smith
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Ray,

This can be done as you described. You will just need to set the Keyword Type that is configured to use a Keyword Data Set as the primary value in the AutoFill Keyword Set and enable the keyword option of "Keyword Must Exist." Because the dataset value must exist in order for users to expand the autofill, you will want to ensure that the dataset is properly maintained with the correct values.

Here is my example - I have a keyword of "Application Number" as my primary keyword in my AFKS.

So, if i understand you correctly, for the settings of my "Application Number" keyword, i need to check "Use Keyword Data Set" and then the radio button for "Keyword Must Exist".

But how do I get all my application numbers into the data set? By default the data set is empty/blank. I import a new AFKS about every 30 minutes or so.

Thanks!

Where are you getting the data from? Unfortunately, there's no way to schedule an import process for Keyword Data Set values. If the data is coming from an external source, you could setup an External Data Set which could be kept up to date outside of OnBase.

If your only requirement is that a valid Application Number (one that exists in the AFK) is entered, you could try making the secondary keyword values required. If the autofill fails to expand, then the user will not be able to upload the document without those additional keywords being indexed.

Yea, I should be able to go the route of using an external data set - just seems so obvious to me that you'd want to use an AFKS as the data set that I guess I just expected there to be an option for that.

The second option you mentioned, of making the secondary keyword values required, while intriguing I think in my case it would just encourage users to enter something/incorrect data.