cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Dollars currency format not displaying #'s in groupings with comma separator

Tammy_Porter
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Is the currency format of "US Dollars" one that comes already created, or is that something that we created on our end? We've got end-users asking for the #'s to be grouped in 3 and separated by a comma, but this format isn't configured for that. I'm just wondering if I should edit this one, or create a new one.

Also, can you tell me if there's a way to see where (if anywhere) this currency format is being used?

1 REPLY 1

Lindsay_McVey
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Tammy,

I can't quite recall if the US Dollars one was defaulted into our system or not, but I know ours is named "USD" and not the same as your version, so it may have been setup by someone else. I wouldn't see why you couldn't just edit the current version to make changes to the format. I'd think that would be the preference rather than having two separate versions. But if you're unsure, I'd check with your FLOS about updating a currency style.  

Do you have access to run SQL queries at the DB level? If so, you could run the following queries:

select
distinct a.currencyformatnum
, a.currencyname
, b.keytypenum
, b.keytype
from currencyformat a
left join keytypetable b on a.currencyformatnum=b.currencyformatnum

select
distinct c.itemtypename
from keyitem### a
left join itemdata b on a.itemnum=b.itemnum
left join doctype c on b.itemtypenum=c.itemtypenum

The first query will get the b.keytypenum which directly relates to the keywords that have a currency value. You can take the ### keyword and plug it into the second query at the FROM statement and replace the ### with your keyword numbers. Then you can run it to see on which documents that keyword lives.

Hope that helps. 🙂

Lindsay

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.