Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Run Diagnostics On Another Users PC

Keith_Malek
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello All,

I'm trying to use the diagnostic console to see what is going on, on another users PC from my computer. The DIAG service is turned on, on there PC and I have remote access to. When I start the DIAG console on my PC I put in there PCs network name and port. The console opens and it sits blank.

I don't have an issue if I do the same but to the app server. It shows everything that is going on.

How do I get it to log what is happening on the other user PC?

I have OB16

P.S. Yes I know I can use the server's console but it is such a deluge of innocuous information and I remember hearing about this at the last community live but I can't remember exactly how I guess.

Thanks for your help.
Keith

2 REPLIES 2

Chris_Tsuei
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Keith,

From what I'm reading, are you trying to troubleshoot a Unity Client on another user's PC? 

The Unity Client does not use the same Diagnostics framework for troubleshooting. You will need to connect to the Diagnostics NTService on the Application Server machine in order to troubleshoot. 

Please contact your first line of support if you need additional assistance troubleshooting.

Hope this helps,

Chris Tsuei

I do remember them speaking to this at the last community live in the Advanced sys admin course, unless I am completely off base and I remember thinking that it will be nice to be able to use the DIAG console for just one user instead of having to see everyone and all of there junk as well. 

Is the information still up from the last community live online so I can do a little bit of research?

I'm guessing that there is no way to set it up on just that users PC and have it run locally either as I've tried this and there is still no information displayed. 

Thanks 

Keith