Sawyer_Peacock
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

--- Using OnBase 12 ---

I have a document with 4+ keywords

• First Name (Alpha)
  • Middle Name (Alpha)
  • Last Name (Alpha)
  • Processing File Name (Alpha - Processing File Name) [auto-magically has the imported file name]

I wrote a Unity script that would parse the Processing File Name keyword to populate the other 3 keywords. This works successfully if I just run it as an ad-hoc task on the document, or put the document through the workflow after indexing and have a life-cycle run it as a system task.

The problem I'm having is that I have a scheduled sweep of a folder and I want the Unity Script to run before the indexing so those keywords are already populated, but still allow the indexer to enter other keywords.

I know it's possible as I did it once before, but can't figure out for the life of me how I did it.

3 REPLIES 3

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

The pre-index script hook is not yet available in the Unity client, as of version 13 only the post-index script hook is available.  If you're using the OnBase client (not the Unity client) to do the actual sweep operation, you could perform this scripting operation at that time with a post-scan script, which could populate the keywords, then route the batch to indexing in the Unity client where the keywords would be filled in.

Manuel_Escalan1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi Steve, do you know if it aviable on EP3?

Greg_Conely
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

What about instead you use an Autofill Keyword set, set it up as External, then use the Unity script for that?