cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Client - Document Type and Keywords

Kamatchi_Devi_S
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

How can I Rename after the document types(under Document Retrieval - Document Types and Groups) have been created and being used by the functional users? I do not want to delete the document type and recreate with the desired keywords and publish it. Our users have been already using the Document type without proper nomenclature for over two years. But, currently the naming convention have been established. At this point is it possible to rename these document types as per our naming conventions.

Also, we have our keyword search standardized, and is it possible to remove the ones that are no longer deemed necessary?

Can these changes be made by the developer with access to the Unity forms Designer or does these have to performed by the Organization's administrator?  I'm guessing since these changes are to be reflected in the PROD(whereas Developers have aces only to the TEST server)

Thanks.

Kamatchi

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Kamatchi,

I realize that this question is old and likely you already found a solution to your issue, however I wanted to provide a response in case anyone has the same question.

You can rename Document Types and Document Type Groups within OnBase Configuration. Simply select the Document Type from the Document Type list (Config | Documents | Document Types OR Document Type Groups), then double click. This will display a Rename Document Type Dialog window allowing you to make the change.

Keyword Types follow the same process. Select the Keyword Type from the Keyword Type list (Config | Keyword | Keyword Types), then double click.

These changes can be made by any user who belongs to a User Group with the Keyword Configuration AND/OR Document Configuration rights (Config | Users | User Groups / Rights | <select user group> | Configuration Rights). The users would also need to have access to OnBase Configuration. More information is available within the System Administration MRG under the User Group Configuration for Configuration Rights section.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Kamatchi,

I realize that this question is old and likely you already found a solution to your issue, however I wanted to provide a response in case anyone has the same question.

You can rename Document Types and Document Type Groups within OnBase Configuration. Simply select the Document Type from the Document Type list (Config | Documents | Document Types OR Document Type Groups), then double click. This will display a Rename Document Type Dialog window allowing you to make the change.

Keyword Types follow the same process. Select the Keyword Type from the Keyword Type list (Config | Keyword | Keyword Types), then double click.

These changes can be made by any user who belongs to a User Group with the Keyword Configuration AND/OR Document Configuration rights (Config | Users | User Groups / Rights | <select user group> | Configuration Rights). The users would also need to have access to OnBase Configuration. More information is available within the System Administration MRG under the User Group Configuration for Configuration Rights section.

Best wishes.