cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Client and Kofax

Ayane_Grubbs
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
We currently scan into and validate in Kofax. The data is then dipped into OnBase and we use the data in the OnBase Thick Client. We are looking at the Unity Client, how does it work with Kofax? Would we need to configure scan queues then, scan and validate in the Unity Client in order to take advantage of the Unity Client capture features?
1 REPLY 1

Amanda_Luceen
Employee
Employee
Hi Ayane,

Thank you for using Community!

You could create new scan queues or you could use existing ones. The same scan queues you already have will be available in the Unity client and you will also have access to the same batches, document types, etc. so there is no additional configuration required on that end. You would still see batches sent from DIP even if you were using the Unity client. If you plan on solely using the Unity client for scanning and validating you could use existing scan queues to do that.

However, in order to take advantage of the Unity Client capture features, some additional configuration would be needed. To use the Interactive Data Capture (IDC) feature in Unity, for example, the Data Capture Server would need to be installed and there are some scan queue options that would need to be enabled. You can still use existing scan queues for this though and you can bring your batches in any way (either DIP and then send to a scan queue or scanning directly into the client).

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks,

Amanda