cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClickOnce Unity (14) Install & VRS Scanning

Michele_Peters
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
We are working toward a cutover from Liberty to OnBase in January. We currently successfully use SVRS scanning in Liberty with a Fujitsu 6770 on a 64 bit Windows 7 desktop. When we attempt to scan using the ClickOnce installed Unity thin client, Unity freezes shortly after the VRS pop-up shows in the system tray. However, if we install a Unity thick client, it works as it should. This is a heavy scanning station. Can VRS scanning work in the thin client version of Unity? If so, are there special settings beyond the usual setup? Or, is it recommended to use a thick client version?
3 REPLIES 3

David_Rockburn
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Michele,

I am attempting to recreate your issue, but I am not seeing the same behavior. I am able to scan successfully using a Fujitsu fi-6770A with Kofax SVRS with both a click-once deployment of Unity Client, as well as a build of Unity Client installed on a Windows 7 64-bit workstation using the same OnBase Unity Client 14 version as you.

By Unity Thick, do you mean the Unity Client installed without the click-once deployment? By Unity Thin, do you mean the Unity Client installed by click-once deployment? When the click-once deployment was created, was the folder modified before deployment? Or was it installed using the default Shared Folder installation method?

Can you provide me with some details about your scanning setup? What Color Mode and resolution, etc. are you using?

Thanks, David Rockburn

Michele_Peters
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Thank you for your reply. We tried with the ClickOnce deployment (default Shared Folder installation method) and the locally installed Unity Client and had the same result. We use color and black/white with a 300 dpi resolution. The issue is now resolved but we aren't 100% certain why. We did switch the license at the server from PDI Twain to PDI Kofax or Twain. Perhaps it was this?

David_Rockburn
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Michele,

I'm glad to hear your issue is resolved!

Yes, you should have the Production Document Imaging License set to (Kofax or Twain) when using Kofax SVRS.

Thanks,

David Rockburn