cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see document in scan queue

Ginny_Proctor
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a user who is unable to see her documents when she clicks on them to do document seperation.  She sees the number of pages and when she clicks "seperate all" it shows that it seperated.  But there are no thumbnails for her to look at.

I was assuming she just had something odd set up in her windows, so I asked her to click Window > Reset Scan/Index Window.  However that option is grayed out.

Someone else who is in her same group can see all of the images, but she also has the reset scan/index window grayed out.

What needs to be fixed on the user that cannot see the images, and why do both have the reset scan/index windows option grayed out?

5 REPLIES 5

Ginny_Proctor
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I should mention that the user that can see the documents to seperate them, has a Desktop Document Imaging license.  She is the person who has actually scanned these into the scan queue.  The person who cannot does not have this licesnse.  She was wanting to just help the other person out and try to get these indexed and on through the process. 

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Ginny.  What is her setting for thumbnails size?  Select the button at the top of the window for Set Thumbnail Sizes.  The Normal Thumbnail setting should be 100 pixels or more.  Scanning licenses are not required to perform Document Separation.

Thank you.  That was the problem.  She had her size set at 400. When I had her change it to 150, the size of mine, it then works.

One more question, is there a way when you're doing document seperation, that you can rotate the image?  Some of them were brought in sideways and need to be rotated. 

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

I'm glad to hear that resolved the problem!  Page rotation is available during Document Separation in the OnBase Client, but only if the Advanced Mode is turned on.  This can be configured in the Scan Queue Processing Options, and the interface is a bit different.  That functionality is also available within the Document Separation process in the Unity Client.