cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status or Action code number descriptions?

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Is there a table I can join to in the OnBase db that will give me the description for a status code like Itemdata's Status 0= Indexed or Status 16=deleted. I'm looking for what the number (value) of the status means. I looked in the MRG, and found descriptions, but can I get that directly from the db?

IS there such a table for action codes as well

8 REPLIES 8

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Jose,

You can find this information in the Database Report Guide (see above link from Nick's post) under the Appendix A: Log Table Actions - TRANSACTIONXLOG.

Take care.

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I apologize for not making my question clear, but what I am looking for is not an answer about the information in the DB Reporting MRG. My question was answered (by Ansley) regarding the status codes - not in the DB.

Are the descriptions for the actions and subactions (found in the MRG) stored in the db where I can do a join to them? I'm talking about the text strings that establish that in the txlogs, action 3 was "Created a Note"... or whatever.  Is that text string description for the code in a table somewhere in the db?

Again, sorry if I wasn't clear, and thank you for the info about the MRG.

Is there an SCR to add these code and status text descriptions strings to a db table where they can queried and returned in a result set?

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Jose,

The enumerations for the hsi.transactionxlog table are not stored in the database but they can be found in the Database Reporting Guide for use in your queries.

The majority of enumerations in the schema and application work in this manner - i.e. there isn't a table in the database that stores them - with the exception of user created objects such as Document Types, Keyword Types, User Accounts, etc.

Hope that helps.

Ansley

Gregory_Cole
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Thank you for the information. I took the data within the DB Reporting guide and created a Case Function within select statement to apply the appropriate Log Message:

This inst the entire Case function, but a sample
CASE hsi.transactionxlog.actionnum
WHEN 5 THEN
CASE hsi.transactionxlog.subactionnum
WHEN 1 THEN 'Viewed Document Keywords'
WHEN 3 THEN 'Keyword Update - Document Type'
WHEN 4 THEN 'Keyword Update - Global'
WHEN 5 THEN 'Deleted Keyword'
WHEN 6 THEN 'Added Keyword'
WHEN 7 THEN 'Keyword Retrieved via Unity'
ELSE 'Unknown Document Keyword Action'
END