cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I give access to Scanning reports under Utilities?

Cheryl_Sowden
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

A small user group needs access to scanning reports.  I checked off  "Create List Report" under privileges, but user does not have access. 

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew_Mann
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
Hi Cheryl -

Did you ever get an answer to your question? Or did you figure it out? I'm having the same issue and can't seem to grant access to the Scanning Reports for a user who had access before our upgrade to OnBase 17.

Thanks,
Matt

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Cheryl/Matthew,

The below note from the Document Imaging MRG describes the permissions needed based on the type of scanning report that you want to give the user access to.  I'd caution on giving out the Document Imaging administrative privilege as it also grants the ability to purge committed batches, which in my opinion makes it very dangerous.  In our environment we elected to use custom scan reports instead.

Scanning reports are accessed through the OnBase Client module. They are stored as
documents of the
SYS-Scan Reports Document Type. To access scanning reports, you must
belong to a User Group that has been granted the
Scanning Log Log Privilege. For more
information, see
Log Privileges on page 843.

Note: The Document Imaging Administrative Processing Privilege allows a user to run certain
types of scan reports on any queue, regardless of whether that user has rights to the queue.
This privilege is required to run
scanning summary by batch, batch date summary, and
Document Type summary report types. However, this privilege is not required to run user
summary by date or scan queue summary report types. For more information on the different
scan report types, see the table below.

Nick