cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting PDF files imported with the Subscription Server into individual pages

Daniel_Anderso1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I would like to be able to split PDF files that are being imported using the Subscription Server from an Exchange mailbox into individual pages to be manipulated in a document separation queue. I see that I can do it using the Virtual Print driver and the Image Processing tab in a scan queue. The documents can then go to the Document Separation queue. I would like to figure out a way to do this without the VPD. My client does not have license for the VPD. They do have an advanced Capture license. I looked at using that to split up the pages, but the Advanced Capture queue is not being processed prior to the Document Separation queue. Any creative ideas would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Amanda_Luceen
Employee
Employee

Hi Dan,

You can use scan queue sorting to bump the batch back up to document separation.

Thanks,
Amanda

Daniel_Anderso1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Amanda,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't seem to get that to work. I found this in the MRG:

Batches are routed to the Awaiting Pre-Index Scan Queue Sorting batch status queue prior to undergoing any manual indexing (in the Awaiting Index batch status queue), but after undergoing any automatic indexing (e.g., bar code processing, Advanced Capture, IntelligentCapture for AP).

I am trying to get it to perform the Advanced Capture queue processing prior to going to the Document Separation queue. The batches are going to the Awaiting Document Separation queue first.

Dan Anderson

Amanda_Luceen
Employee
Employee

Hi Dan,

So for this case you will have to create two scan queues - one with Advanced Capture + pre-index scan queue sorting and one with document separation. The batches can be swept/scanned into the Advanced Capture scan queue where it can undergo that process. Then it will be dropped into the pre-index scan queue sorting where it will be sorted to the scan queue set up for document separation. You can assign it to go straight to that status. It will then continue on as usual.

You can automate sending the batches through scan queue sorting with the -SCANAUTOSORT switch.

Thanks,

Amanda

Daniel_Anderso1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Amanda,

That worked. Thank you. Have an excellent day.

Dan

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.