cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Banner Pages Automatically in COLD

Sandra_Charlier
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am new at this, so sorry if this isn't the right place to post.  I am trying to find the place to remove a banner (cover) page of reports so they don't come over in COLD.  Right now I have to manually delete them as they come over as unidentified.  Thanks!

Version 12

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_Rafaiani
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Sandra,

While there isn't a native feature provided within COLD to strip this page out, you could use a preprocessor to get the job done.  If you aren't aware, preprocessors are executable programs that you can configure COLD to run on your import file before the process runs.  You are able to create your own or you can work with your first line of support to see what it would take to have one generated for you.

Your other option would be to configure this page as a separate document type and then use a feature like Workflow to get them automatically removed from the system.

Heather_MacAski
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Sandra -

We created a Banner Page document type.  The Banner page is configured in Cold with the specific identification string(s), then the remaining pages of the report are configured for the appropriate report document type. We then put the Banner Page on a short retention cycle to purge it from OnBase as there really isn't any information on it other than than the Banner title, report id and date.