cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShareBase Features

anna_liu
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are trying to use ShareBase to share documents. Currently we organize folders by year. In the year folder there may be more than 9000 subfolders. There may be subfolders within the subfolders. With this set up,  I have the following questions regarding ShareBase. Hope somebody can give me some advises.

1. How do we search ShareBase Folders? Is there a feature in ShareBase to allow us to search folder just as the way in window file explorer. The currently ShareBase search functions seem only working on document search 0e1b6fbcb2b74bc495e25ee4a06b0e66
  2. Is there a configuration to limit the number of folders loaded when loading the parent folder? 
  3.  What are the meanings of different folder icons? For example : some folders have a people in it and some do not have ( look like a regular folder). See screen. 6c766a67565e40dfb5372eff2a28a608

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

AlexaKempton
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi @Anna, 

Thanks for posting your question to the Community Help Center!

While I don't know the answer to you question, I may be able to point you to some resources: 

I also re-tagged your post with relevant groups to surface in those product groups to get it under the eyes of product experts who may be able to provide an answer. Feel free to edit this post and add any other applicable tags (ex. products, modules, user groups on the site). I hope this helps -- let me know!!

View answer in original post

Brady_Giles
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Ann,

Thank you for posting your questions on Community.

ShareBase Search will only return documents in ShareBase in the results, however, you can specify what folder you want results from based on the ‘Tagged with’ option in the Search dropdown menu. ShareBase Tags are automatically applied to documents with the ShareBase Folder name as a tag. To search for documents in a specific folder, you can either select the tags in the dropdown menu, or you can start typing which will filter the tags displayed.

dfeb6e31641f422d8d19f89a4d7c9192

Click on a tag named as the folder you wish to see documents from, and a chip will display as shown in the screenshot below. In the screenshot, all documents in the folder, “Training Documents”, will be returned in the search results.

8098301b438f46b1a94b2098fb9c193f

If you know of the parent folder and a sub folder that you would like to search, you can select multiple tags to base your search criteria on. For your example, the tags you could select would be, “2019”, “CompanyA”, “RegionC”, etc.

At this time there is no way to limit the number of folders or documents that are returned when navigating ShareBase. We are currently in development of a way to load folders and documents as they are in view, so instead of loading 500 subfolders at once, we only load the first few folders and continually load more folders and/or documents as the user scrolls down the web page.

The icons displayed on the folders within a list are displayed with a user overlay to denote that the folder has been shared with someone. Subfolders that have shares inherited will not show that icon. 

Thank you,

Brady Giles

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AlexaKempton
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi @Anna, 

Thanks for posting your question to the Community Help Center!

While I don't know the answer to you question, I may be able to point you to some resources: 

I also re-tagged your post with relevant groups to surface in those product groups to get it under the eyes of product experts who may be able to provide an answer. Feel free to edit this post and add any other applicable tags (ex. products, modules, user groups on the site). I hope this helps -- let me know!!

Brady_Giles
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Ann,

Thank you for posting your questions on Community.

ShareBase Search will only return documents in ShareBase in the results, however, you can specify what folder you want results from based on the ‘Tagged with’ option in the Search dropdown menu. ShareBase Tags are automatically applied to documents with the ShareBase Folder name as a tag. To search for documents in a specific folder, you can either select the tags in the dropdown menu, or you can start typing which will filter the tags displayed.

dfeb6e31641f422d8d19f89a4d7c9192

Click on a tag named as the folder you wish to see documents from, and a chip will display as shown in the screenshot below. In the screenshot, all documents in the folder, “Training Documents”, will be returned in the search results.

8098301b438f46b1a94b2098fb9c193f

If you know of the parent folder and a sub folder that you would like to search, you can select multiple tags to base your search criteria on. For your example, the tags you could select would be, “2019”, “CompanyA”, “RegionC”, etc.

At this time there is no way to limit the number of folders or documents that are returned when navigating ShareBase. We are currently in development of a way to load folders and documents as they are in view, so instead of loading 500 subfolders at once, we only load the first few folders and continually load more folders and/or documents as the user scrolls down the web page.

The icons displayed on the folders within a list are displayed with a user overlay to denote that the folder has been shared with someone. Subfolders that have shares inherited will not show that icon. 

Thank you,

Brady Giles

anna_liu
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Brady: 

Thank you for providing me very useful information. 

I am not quite get the folder tag. can you explain a little more? Do you mean we can add tag to folder to help with search document?

Do you know when the "limit the number of folders or documents that are returned when navigating ShareBase" feature will be available?

Hello Anna,

Of course I can provide more information relating to the tagging functionality in ShareBase. Every ShareBase Folder is automatically tagged with the folder name. Any document or folder created in that parent folder will automatically be tagged with the parent folder's name.

For example, I have a folder tree, "Training Documents > Conferences > CommunityLIVE" Any documents stored in the CommunityLIVE folder, will be automatically tagged with "Training Documents", "Conferences", and "CommunityLIVE". When I search, I can add the tag "CommunityLIVE" and get only documents in that specific folder. 

You can also add or remove any tags on a document or folder for additional classification. You can find more information here: https://app.sharebase.com/help/desktop/ShareBase/rmWebUsage/Tagging.htm 

We do not have a timeframe for that requested functionality being available, but we will keep you updated when Beta access becomes available.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.