cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a Property to all instances of a Keyword on a Document?

Dustin_Harris
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are doing a mass reindexing using Workflow.
For most of the Keywords that are being mapped, I am using the "Set Property to Expression" Action and then "Replace Keyword" using that property later.
This works fine if there is just a single instance of a Keyword Type on a Document--but if there are multiple instances of a Keyword, the expression only picks up the first instance.

Is there a way to capture the data in all of the instances of a Keyword into a property?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Dustin_Harris
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

ANSWER:

The way to capture all the values of all instances of a Keyword Type on a Document into a property: Use the "Set Property Value" Action.

Select "Constant Value" radio button and enter the %K00XXX.n for the Keword (the ".n" dictates how many instances you want to capture.

Check the "Parse Tokens" box to allow it to use the %K00XXX variable.

After you have the property stored, you can use the "Replace Keyword" Action to set the keyword to the property value.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dustin_Harris
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

ANSWER:

The way to capture all the values of all instances of a Keyword Type on a Document into a property: Use the "Set Property Value" Action.

Select "Constant Value" radio button and enter the %K00XXX.n for the Keword (the ".n" dictates how many instances you want to capture.

Check the "Parse Tokens" box to allow it to use the %K00XXX variable.

After you have the property stored, you can use the "Replace Keyword" Action to set the keyword to the property value.

Dustin, is there a way to access each instance of the keyword one at a time for the purpose of generating a document composition template? For example, my source document has one or more dependent first names; I would like to generate a template for each dependent from the source document.

Todd,
I'm still getting into DocComp--but in other scenarios, I've had success setting all instances of a Keyword to a Property and then setting that Property to an expression that combines the multiple instances into a delimited array. You could use: CombineArray(%VpropX;"|") to get them into a list.
Using that list, I've been able to break them apart and use on an HTML form. There might be something in that direction that could help you.
I definitely see the need for a way to do what you want to do though.