cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning error, failed to read image provided by scanner : error code = -3

Derek_Tordik
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a couple different users who get the following error in Director Thick Client:

Scanning error, failed to read image provided by scanner : error code = -3

ceba564f08484a5996b91803d3488aa3

Are there any known solutions for this error code? I was unable to find any information involving this one.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Derek,

Some small troubleshooting I can tell you is to make sure that the right scanner is connected to your machine you’re running the scan from. If the scanner is USB, try unplugging it and replugging it back in. If it’s wireless, try disconnecting and reconnecting it. If that doesn’t work, make sure that you have compatible software installed on your device. The OBIMGLIB.dll file used by your system should be the same OBIMGLIB.dll file that was installed when you installed your new version of OnBase (they are not always forward/backwards compatible). More info can be found in the Document Imaging - OnBase Foundation EP5 Module Reference Guide.

It's also possible that your Scan Format Setup is mismatching between your scanner and OnBase.

To fix this follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Thick Client | Processing | Scan/Index

2. In the Document Imaging window, right-click in the Working window within an open queue and select Scan Format Setup.

3. Select the desired scan format and click on Document Setup button. The Document 4. Setup dialog box is displayed.

4. Select TWAIN native transfer mode option and uncheck Duplex Emulation option

5. Click Save, and click Exit

If this is all set up correctly already, then it is possible that you have a different issue.

Let us know if this helps you.

Thanks,

~Alan

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Derek,

I found a few possible solutions, but it does make a few assumptions about your environment, so if you are not encountering this error on workstations that use Citrix let me know and I can look a little deeper into it. This issue was resolved for another user by updating the TWAIN redirection in Citrix.

The instructions for this is on page 25 of the Desktop and Application Virtualization Guide - OnBase Foundation EP5 Module Reference Guide under Twain Redirection in Citrix.

Thanks,

~Alan

Hello @Alan Boucher,

Thank you for the reply. This error is not being encountered by users who are using Citrix. Only non-Citrix environments I am encountering this on.

Thank you.

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Derek,

Some small troubleshooting I can tell you is to make sure that the right scanner is connected to your machine you’re running the scan from. If the scanner is USB, try unplugging it and replugging it back in. If it’s wireless, try disconnecting and reconnecting it. If that doesn’t work, make sure that you have compatible software installed on your device. The OBIMGLIB.dll file used by your system should be the same OBIMGLIB.dll file that was installed when you installed your new version of OnBase (they are not always forward/backwards compatible). More info can be found in the Document Imaging - OnBase Foundation EP5 Module Reference Guide.

It's also possible that your Scan Format Setup is mismatching between your scanner and OnBase.

To fix this follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Thick Client | Processing | Scan/Index

2. In the Document Imaging window, right-click in the Working window within an open queue and select Scan Format Setup.

3. Select the desired scan format and click on Document Setup button. The Document 4. Setup dialog box is displayed.

4. Select TWAIN native transfer mode option and uncheck Duplex Emulation option

5. Click Save, and click Exit

If this is all set up correctly already, then it is possible that you have a different issue.

Let us know if this helps you.

Thanks,

~Alan

@Alan Boucher, looks like that solved it! The user was trying to print in 24-bit color and had the TWAIN buffer option selected. When this was switched to the TWAIN native transfer mode the same error was appearing.

I created a new scan format that matched the same exact settings but having TWAIN native transfer mode selected instead. The page was printing without issue.

I also created a new scan format with the TWAIN buffer option selected first, scanned, and received the error. I changed to the TWAIN native transfer mode and I also got the error. It seems like this specifically works when having the TWAIN native transfer mode option select while you are creating the new scan format, and cannot change it to this after.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.