Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Formats on Citrix XenApp 7.15 LTSR

James_Tabor
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello All!

We are currently on OnBase 17 and upgrading our Citrix Farm to XenApp 7.15 LTSR. We have 6 scanners in production and have a total of 28 scan formats. We have been troubleshooting a problem with scan formats not being copied over within the OnBase Application.

We have imported our scan formats to the OnBase application that resides on the "Master Image Citrix Server" and when they take a snapshot of the Master Image and copy that image out to the other citrix servers, the scan formats will not replicate out with it. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

It has been copying all the .ini files that resides with OnBase. But it will not replicate the actual scan format within the OnBase application.

Thanks,

Lee

13 REPLIES 13

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Lee,

Sorry to hear about the challenges. You mentioned that while it sounds like you are not having issues with the OnBase INI, if case you are not using it, the SEEDINI and INIFILE settings are very useful within a Citrix deployment of OnBase. The SEEDINI will allow you configure a default OnBase32.ini file (e.g. \\server\share\OnBase32.ini) for everyone to use default settings and the INIFILE will allow you to reference an INI file for a user, typically within their profile (e.g. Y:\%username%\OnBase32.ini).

Regarding Document Imaging, are you using Low Twain Mode? This is a setting within the OnBase32.ini under the [Scan] section. If LowTwainMode is set to 1, then the OnBase Client will use Low Twain Mode.

Thanks.

Hi Shane,

Our team is currently on the phone with Tech Support, we do have the SEEDINI and INFILE piece in place, I am not seeing a "LowTwainMode' list in the Onbase.ini file that I am viewing from the Thick Client via Citrix?? I will have our Citrix Admin check this from the Thick Client directly from the server.

Thanks

Pam

Hi Shane,

We just checked the LowTwainMode from our existing Citrix Farm and on our new Test upgraded Citrix Farm and we have this set to 0. What will setting this to 1 do for our scan format issues? The MRG is rather vague.

Thanks

Pam

Hi Shane,

Pam (my coworker) has checked this for us. And our Tech Support will be doing more research on this. Hopefully we will get an answer soon! Thanks!

Lee

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.