cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API Request having issue updating keywords.

Keith_McFadden6
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are having an issue with REST Request to update keywords. We are getting a 403 error return

403: No privileges to update keywords for document ID: 5780659

Reviewing the diagnostic console, I see this error:

Evolution.Commons.ErrorHandling.Error:No privileges to update keywords for document ID: 5780659.Error code: InsufficientKeywordAccessPrivilege

I have verified that there are no hidden or read only keywords on this document type. I also confirmed the OnBase user that is authenticated the API Server has privileges to modify keywords for this document type. In fact I logged into OnBase via the Unity Client with this same user account and can update keywords for this document type.

Is there anything else I should check?

5 REPLIES 5

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

Are you passing the entire collection of keywords in your PUT request?

Working with Keywords on Documents (onbase.com)

"The endpoint used to do Keyword modification is a PUT on /documents/{documentId}/keywords. Keyword Modification is only supported by passing the entire collection of Keywords into this request. Therefore any Keyword Objects or Keyword Groups not included in the request will result in their deletion. For example a request with only one Keyword Object with a Document with multiple Keywords attached to the items object will result in a Document with only that one Keyword Value or a Request with an empty items object will delete all Keywords."

Thanks for responding Eric. 

If we are only passing 2 keywords in the collection in the PUT request when there are 5 more, are you saying this would cause the error we getting? 

Hi @Eric Beavers, I did confirm we are passing the entire collection of keywords for the document type. 

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Keith McFadden ,

Are these loose Key Types, or are they part of a Keyword Type Group?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.