cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase customer seeks other customers’ advice about issue reporting

Julie_Mizener
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

A customer recently reached out to us on the Customer Experience team, and we’d like to know what your organization does in this scenario?

When I get an error in OnBase, I have to report it to my department’s “IT team,” who then reports it to our OnBase Admin, who THEN reports it to Hyland’s tech support to try to figure it out. Is anyone experiencing or has anyone experienced internal processes at your organization like this that are far from efficient in reporting errors or issues regarding OnBase? And what did you do about it?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

Not applicable

Julie,

We have the same set up here. Most of the time, the issues that get reported are things that the OnBase System Admin has to do like unlocking a batch or having someone's security, scanner or workstation tweaked or fixed, or sometimes re-training someone because what they're doing isn't what they're supposed to be doing and that's why they can't get it to work.

There are many steps to troubleshooting a problem that have to take place with the IT team, then the OnBase Admin, before Hyland could rule out that the problem isn't being caused by your computer, your security settings, your network, etc. Starting local, in my opinion, is the best way to go.

Patty

Sheila_Shaver
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am the OnBase Admin and am located in our IT Department.  We use Service Desk for the employee to submit a ticket.  All OnBase issues are directly assigned to me.  I can take care of 95% of the problems within the hour.  A few will be issues I need to work with my re-seller and possibly include Hyland to resolve.  A few will be issues that turn into Projects.  I have 4 hours to contact the user with one of the above 3 options.  But I personally call them to discuss whichever option is the solution.  If I fix it, I tallk with them to make sure it is resolved on their end before I close out the ticket.  If I need to work with my re-seller, I talk to the user to let them know that I need Hyland's assistance and place their ticket in an "On Hold" status.  If I am going to create a project out of their request, I talk with them in greater detail because they need to complete a Project Request Form.  These options seem to work rather well.  If the user doesn't get a timely response from me, they can escalate the ticket so it goes to my Supervisor.  I don't like for any of my OnBase Users to have any down-time if I can help it.