cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems deleting a page from a document

Tim_Sanders
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi, I am using the Java Hyland Services API w/ OnBase 11.

When using the UpdatePages DELETE action I can't delete pages from a document with a Document Type that is configured as REVISABLE (ie Allow Multiple Revisions in the config tool under Rendition/Revision Settings). However, if I make the Document Type Non Revisable, I can delete pages. Strangely, if I use the UpdatePages MOVE action and the Document Type IS revisable, I can move the pages without a problem.

Unfortunately, we need the ability for the documents to be revisable. Is this some sort of bug or just how the product is supposed to behave?

I would assume revisable would allow you to manipulate the pages, especially since I can move them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

The error I receive from Hyland Services when deleting a document that is revisable is:

ERROR | OB Error Msg: Failed to delete page OB Error Method: DMCOREX.OBXPropertyBag DoVerb(System.String, DMCOREX.OBXPropertyBag) OB Error Src: IOBXDocumentActionHandler::DoVerb
ERROR | Failed to delete page
ERROR |  at COBLocalDocumentActionHandler::deletePage, Error Code: 0x80004005,

Message: Cannot delete pages on document #(200886308).Document marked as revisable., File: OBLocalDocumentActionHandler.cpp, Line: 1437
 at COBLocalDocumentActionHandler::DoVerb, Error Code: 0x80004005, Message: Failed to delete page, File: OBLocalDocumentActionHandler.cpp, Line: 144

at DMCOREX.IOBXDocumentActionHandler.DoVerb(String bstrVerb, OBXPropertyBag pParams)
   at Hyland.Public.Services.Core.updatePages()

1 REPLY 1

Shane_Cook
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Your ability to re-order the pages may work because you aren't changing the overall content of the document.

A thought from a Unity API perspective when dealing with documents using revisions, you must "StoreNewRevision" to make a content change (i.e. add or delete pages) to a document.  Hopefully, you can find the appropriate DMCOREX method to create a new revision.